Hotels & Leisure
Drew & Napier represents investors, hotel managers and operators, and property owners and developers, including several of the world’s most well-known hotel chains and both of Singapore’s integrated gaming and entertainment resorts.
Clients rely on our experience in the hotels and leisure sector. We offer expertise in corporate structuring, regulatory, employment, finance, intellectual property, and real estate and tax matters.
We handle contentious and non-contentious work across a wide range of practice areas and take a commercial, practical approach to our client’s legal needs.
In some of our more significant work we have:
- Acted for one of Singapore’s largest hotel owners and operators in various corporate transactions, including hotel management matters, acquisitions, and disposals.
- Acted for a major hotel and leisure owner and operator in their financing activities.
- Acted for one of Singapore’s integrated resorts in their financing.
- Acted in the development of hotel projects in various cities in Indonesia.
- Acted for one of the world’s largest and most prestigious hotel operators in a dispute over a hotel management contract.
- Acted for a major hotel owner and operator against a claim of passing off that was made by a competing hotel operator.
Acquisitions and Financings
Our Mergers & Acquisitions Practice and our Corporate & Finance Department act in acquisitions involving hotel owners and operators that are structured as takeovers, acquisitions by bid process, and joint ventures. We also regularly advise on financing and refinancing in this sector.
We advise companies in the hotels and leisure sector on a wide range of competition-related matters, including reviewing supply contracts and agreements with other stakeholders for competition compliance and conducting competition law audits.
Our Dispute Resolution Department handles all types of contentious work for the hotels and leisure sector.
We specialise in advising on employment and labour benefits within the hotels and leisure sector.
We have experience in the gaming regulatory regime in Singapore.
Hotel Management Contracts
Our Corporate & Finance Department drafts and assists to negotiate a variety of hotel management contracts.
We represent and assist some of the largest, top-tier clients in the hotels and leisure sector.
Our Real Estate Practice is highly experienced in every aspect of real estate work, and is fully equipped to handle all kinds of work relevant to the hotels and leisure sector.
Our Indonesia Desk regularly advises on various aspects of hospitality projects in Indonesia, including corporate structuring, negotiation and preparation of technical advisory agreements, hotel management agreements, centralised services agreements, and design review agreements.