We know that human capital is a top priority of any successful organisation. In today’s world, attracting and managing talent is more important than it has ever been.
Drew & Napier’s Employment Practice is consistently recognised as a leader in the field. We represent clients in every aspect of employment practice, including employment, benefits, ethics and governance issues; and in transactional, advisory and contentious work.
Clients seek our help to develop broad, strategic employment advice, and assist with specific issues. We recognise that your organisation’s method of recruiting and retaining the right people is constantly changing. We provide creative, realistic and commercial solutions tailored to suit your needs.
In contentious situations, our long-standing reputation for excellence in disputes work means that we always stand ready to advance our clients’ best cases in every forum, while acting for some of the biggest and most well-known employers means that we are always conscious of practical, reputational considerations.
We provide transactional, advisory and dispute resolution assistance in all aspects of employment law.
Transactional and advisory
- Employment contracts and policies; employment handbooks and statutory employee benefits, including employee intellectual property and confidentiality agreements
- Employee stock option and pension schemes
- Compliance with workplace health and safety and employee insurance legislation, such as the Workplace Health & Safety Act and the Work Injury Compensation Act
- Restructuring, mergers and acquisitions, transfers of employment in acquisition and takeover of businesses and undertakings
- Employer and employee data protection
- Advice on termination, redundancy and severance
- Collective agreements
- Cross-border transfers and secondment, immigration, expatriate tax issues
- Breaches of employer and/or employee duties
- Termination and redundancy
- Enforcement of restrictive covenants and other post-termination obligations
- Investigations into compliance with corporate governance, regulatory, anti-corruption rules
- Disputes arising out of company restructuring, or secondment or relocation arrangements
- Breaches of confidentiality and data protection issues
The Asia Pacific Legal 500
Employment 2019 – Tier 1 for 4 consecutive years
Sources say Drew & Napier LLC “’distinguishes itself with its extensive knowledge of employment matters and the quality of its advice' and it 'provides sound business advice that can be swiftly implemented.’”
“Drew & Napier LLC’s ‘responsive and incredibly thorough’ team regularly handles the employment aspects of cross-border corporate transactions and mergers between multinational companies as well as investigations and raids by the regulator... Lim Chong Kin and Elizabeth Tong are also recommended.”
“Kelvin Tan is a valuable resource for contentious matters.”
“[Kelvin Tan] is always attuned to clients’ needs and available to discuss their concerns.”
“’True subject matter expert’ Benjamin Gaw is ‘practical and efficient, able to deliver timely and accurately pitched advice’"
“Benjamin Gaw handles non-contentious work such as data protection, immigration and post-acquisition matters. He is praised for his ‘quick turnaround time’.”
Employment 2019 – Band 2 for 6 consecutive years
Sources commend the team’s “excellent client services,” adding that it is “always prompt and responsive.”
"They are very responsive and always answer the question. They don't just state the law like some law firms do. Instead they give you something you can actually use."
"Extremely professional, sound advice and very prompt in serving their clients."
"I am continually impressed by their thoroughness."
"They have a proactive approach, they respond quickly and are willing to work on international projects."
Who's Who Legal
Labour & Employment 2018
Benjamin Gaw for 6 consecutive years
Labour & Employment 2019 – Highly Recommended practice for 4 consecutive years
Client feedback (2018): The “very responsive and thorough” team at Drew & Napier handles challenging assignments in employment and labour.
Asialaw Leading Lawyers
Benjamin Gaw for 3 consecutive years
Practical Law Company Which Lawyer? Yearbook
Labour & Employee Benefits 2009
“Experienced in both contentious and non-contentious employment matters with some focus on corporate labour policies and breaches of contract.”