Our lawyers have aviation industry experience and have represented clients in Singapore and internationally. We provide seamless, integrated advice and solutions for our clients in both transactional and contentious matters.
Our clients can rely on us for advice on a full range of work including aircraft financing for banks, leasing companies, and airlines. We have experience preparing and reviewing purchase, lease, financing agreements and other documents.
Our clients include high net-worth individuals, private and public companies, multinational companies, financial institutions and government-linked groups.
- Acted for a buyer in the acquisition and interior completion of a B747-8 VIP model aircraft.
- Acted for and advised a full-service international airline in:
- the proposed novation of its existing lease agreements for two Airbus A319-100 and two Airbus A320 200 aircraft;
- the purchase and potential substitution of five Boeing B787-800 aircraft from Boeing, Inc.;
- the purchase and potential substitution of four Boeing B777-200LR aircraft from Boeing, Inc.;
- its existing sale and leaseback agreements relating to six Boeing B767-300ER aircraft;
- its existing lease agreements relating to four Boeing B777-200ER aircraft; and
- negotiations to lease six additional Boeing B777-200ER aircraft.
- Acted as Singapore counsel to a potential bidder in the multibillion dollar acquisition of shares of Singapore Aircraft Leasing Enterprise Pte. Ltd., the leading aircraft operating lessor based in Asia.
- Acted for Airocean Group Pte Ltd in connection with the disposal of its interest in certain subsidiaries for cash consideration of US$ 2.2 million. Airocean Group Pte Ltd is a subsidiary of A-Sonic Aerospace Limited, a company listed on the Catalist of the Singapore Exchange Securities Trading Limited.
- Acted for Singapore Technologies Aerospace Ltd, in its acquisition of all the shares of Precision Products Singapore Pte Ltd.
- Represented and advised All Nippon Airways, Continental, and United Airlines in their notification for decision to the CCS in relation to their joint venture agreement.
- Reviewed and provided advice on a major airline’s participation in a collaborative arrangement. In particular, an assessment was made of the compatibility of the arrangement with Singapore competition law and the potential exposure to competition law from previous participation in the agreement.
- Advised an airline multinational company on its customised competition law compliance manual and dawn raid guidelines.
- Advised an international aviation equipment manufacturer on the anti-trust aspects of its joint venture in Singapore.
- Acted for Singapore Airlines Limited in the initial public offering (IPO) of shares in Tiger Airways Holdings Limited. The total size of the IPO (including over-allotment shares) was approximately S$ 277 million. Tiger Airways was successfully listed on the Singapore Exchange Securities Trading Limited in January 2010. Singapore Airlines is the largest shareholder of Tiger Airways.
- Advised operating lessors on the sale and leaseback of A380s by a leading international airline.