Wills, Probate and Estate Administration
Drew & Napier represents clients in both contentious and non-contentious estate matters. We assist our clients to obtain the necessary grant of representation for the assets of the deceased to be distributed to the beneficiaries of the estate.
We also act for clients in inheritance disputes, such as where the validity of a will is challenged and where claims are made by third parties against the assets of the deceased. We provide legal advice and representation for our clients, whether they are personal representatives of the estate, beneficiaries or next-of-kin, in arriving at an amicable resolution of the dispute or through legal action in Court.
We also assist our clients in their wealth succession planning by helping them prepare their wills for the proper distribution of their estate upon their demise.
Our litigation team has represented clients in a range of inheritance and estate related disputes. For example:
- Actions for invalidating a will on grounds of undue influence, fraud and lack of testamentary capacity.
- Acting for personal representatives of estate in claims made by third parties against the property of the deceased.
- Acting for beneficiaries in cases involving interpretation of the will of the deceased.
We represent clients in obtaining the necessary grants of representation for the assets of the deceased to be gathered, managed and distributed.
- Acting for executors in applying for Grant of Probate, in cases where the deceased left behind a valid will.
- Acting for next-of-kin in applying for Letters of Administration, in cases where the deceased did not leave behind a will.
We assist our clients in preparing a valid and proper will.