Eu-Yen is a business law specialist with extensive experience as legal advisor, entrepreneur, operator, and investor within the entertainment, hospitality, and lifestyle spaces.
Eu-Yen’s experience spans across a wide and varied spectrum of work in relation to different entertainment, hospitality, and lifestyle businesses. These range broadly from nightlife, F&B, events, leisure, travel, luxury, retail, and films to online content and technological applications. Her work covers exciting innovative spaces like food and beverage automation, food science, virtual entertainment, legal technology, and alternative investments.
She has first-hand business management experience, which places her in a unique position when advising businesses. She understands the intricacies of business operations and the myriad of concerns from the client’s perspective. She works hard to learn about each client’s business before providing practical legal solutions. Her practice covers contracts, business planning, regulatory advice, commercial dispute resolution and business crimes.
In the area of contracts, Eu-Yen specializes in advising on business transactions such as investments and funding, franchises and joint ventures, shareholder structures, business-to-business and business-to-consumer agreements, and other commercial arrangements.
With regards to business planning, Eu-Yen’s strength is in advising on business aspects such as corporate set up, shares structuring, business growth, and corporate sustainability. To complement her business law expertise, Eu-Yen has an Advanced Certificate in Sustainability and Sustainable Businesses as well as a Certificate in Sustainability Reporting in accordance with Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) standards.
Eu-Yen further advises on regulatory frameworks that are relevant to businesses. Her expertise is in regulation affecting businesses dealing with public entertainment, virtual entertainment, and F&B. On that front, she annotated the Remote Gambling Act and the Public Entertainments Act for the Lexis Nexis Annotated Statutes of Singapore.
She is a strong proponent of helping the entertainment, hospitality and lifestyle sectors grow. She is legal advisor to, and sits on the management committee of, the Restaurant Association of Singapore (RAS). She is also legal advisor to the Singapore Nightlife Business Association (SNBA). She is on the recommended panel of lawyers for both trade associations, as well as for Singapore Tenants United for Fairness Society (SGTUFF).
Eu-Yen is appointed to the advisory board of Asia Law Network (legal technology), Purpose Venture Capital (sustainable investing), and Innovate 360 (food science incubator). At Innovate 360, she is also a mentor of the incubated food science start-ups.
She is a published book author and publishes articles regularly on topics that intersect law and enterprise.
Eu-Yen has worked on a wide range of business-related matters. Below is a snapshot of the spectrum of work that she handles:
- Advised on and prepared contracts for a coffee robotics company, Crown Technologies, to negotiate and close a pre-Series A funding with two significant strategic investors, subsidiaries of East Japan Railway Company and SMRT Corporation, respectively.
- Advised on and prepared complex buy and sell agreements for a luxury goods investment business, Watch Fund, involving separate negotiations with multiple parties.
- Managed all agreements required for the successfully franchise and establishment of The Butter Factory KL, including preparation of all franchise manuals for operations, service standards, branding guidelines, and legal forms.
- Acted for the former CEO of an SGX listed company, AEM-Evertech, in a landmark whistleblower case involving corruption charges.
- Acted for independent director of an SGX listed company, Airocean, in a landmark case involving corporate disclosure obligations under listing rules and securities law.
The Peak Magazine's Power List (2021)
- Eu-Yen won The Peak Magazine’s Power List 2021 award for her work in the hospitality sector, being one of only ten “next generation” women to be invited to accept this prestigious award.