Drew & Napier’s information technology practice encompasses a wide range of services, ranging from pre-contract advice to resolving disputes in court or through arbitration.
Our lawyers have the requisite expertise and qualifications to counsel and represent IT vendors and clients at all stages of a project’s development life cycle.
We help clients prepare and review Requests For Proposals, Requests for Quotations (as well as responses thereto) and other tender documentation to ensure that their legal requirements are met and their rights are safeguarded.
We also negotiate and prepare licenses, distributorship, franchising and confidentiality agreements covering all aspects of IT exploitation.
We consistently advise clients in relation to the usage of social media, and we counsel clients and bring actions in relation to internet defamation, cyber-stalking, cyber-squatting, misuse of confidential information and copyright infringement.
Our IT litigation team has represented parties in conflicts arising from problems in IT development or implementation. Some examples of our work include:
- Representing major international IT vendors in a court dispute with a government entity over a failed customized portal project.
- Representing an educational institution in a dispute over the implementation of off-the-shelf student management system.
- Advice relating to termination of outsourcing and consulting agreements.
- Advice on claims between IT contractors and subcontractors.
- Representation of a major peripherals manufacturer in multiple actions against vendors and employees for fraud and breaches of duty.
- Bringing an action for claims relating to falsification of email correspondence.
- Claims regarding alleged breaches of data privacy and data security.