Drew & Napier, founded in 1889, is the largest leading Intellectual Property (IP) practice in Singapore. We also have an established presence in Southeast Asia through our Drewmarks IP filing offices in Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam, and Myanmar. Outside of these countries and through our close ties with affiliated firms, we tap on our global network to offer innovative and original solutions for our clients.
Our award-winning Singapore practice is one of the top filers for patents, trademarks, and designs in the country, among the largest handled by any firm here. Our extensive experience is bolstered by a team of over 100, consisting of numerous highly skilled professionals of not only legal, but also diverse technical backgrounds. Many of our patent professionals hold PhDs, Master’s or postgraduate certifications in their specialisations, which include biotechnology, chemistry, engineering, healthcare & life sciences, and telecommunications.
Our promise of quality has earned favourable standing amongst clients and we are often instructed to handle high-value, large-scale, complex matters that involve multiple parties and jurisdictions. Many of our clients in our 130-year history have entrusted their IP work to us for many decades. These include multi-national companies, state-owned companies, medium to large-sized corporations, and family-run businesses. We have acted for Apple, Exxon Mobil Corporation, Facebook, Mediacorp, Pfizer, Qualcomm, Singapore Airlines, SingTel and Toyota.
Our valued clients instruct us to act in a range of contentious and non-contentious IP work, comprising IP litigation, patents, designs, trade marks and servicemarks, copyrights, licensing, distributorship, franchising and confidentiality agreements, IP monetisation, and advice on Life Sciences and Medicines Act regulations.
Prestigious industry publications like Chambers & Partners Asia Pacific, The Asia Pacific Legal 500, and Managing IP consistently affirm our leadership with Tier 1 rankings in IP. In 2022, we bagged the Singapore Trademark Contentious Firm of the Year and Singapore Trademark Prosecution Firm of the Year at the annual Managing IP Asia-Pacific Awards. In 2021, Drew & Napier clinched the Singapore Trademarks Firm of the Year at the annual Asia IP Awards. In 2019, the IP practice was recognised as the Singapore Intellectual Property Firm of the Year for the second time annual ALB South East Asia Law Awards.
Trade Marks, Patents, and Designs
In Singapore and other regional offices, we secure IP registrations directly. In other countries, we use our global network of trusted associates. We also negotiate and prepare licenses, distributorship, franchising and confidentiality agreements covering the full spectrum of IP, for example:
- Conducting searches for trade marks, patents or designs in various jurisdictions
- Advising whether a mark can be registered or a new innovation or design can be patented or protected
- Advising how you can best leverage your patents, trade marks, and designs
- Advising possible alternatives where a mark, patent or design cannot be registered
- Branding and IP strategy
- Drafting, filing, and prosecuting trade mark, patent, and design applications through to registration
Intellectual Property Litigation
Drew & Napier is second to none when acting for litigious matters. We have been singled out by clients and prominent trade publications for our in-depth experience in contentious IP matters as our lawyers are regularly instructed in high profile matters. We exceed clients’ expectations where the matters are especially demanding, as our lawyers are expected to quickly understand the technicalities of each industry and the clients’ business objectives.
Our litigation team handles all aspects of IP litigation, for example:
- Applying and executing warrants for trade mark and copyright infringement offences;
- Prosecuting and defending criminal actions for infringement of trade marks and copyright;
- Civil proceedings for infringement of trade mark, copyright, patents and designs, confidential information, including applications for injunctions and Anton Pillar Orders;
- Passing off actions;
- Opposition proceedings;
- Trade mark invalidation and revocation proceedings;
- Actions for breach of distribution, licensing and franchise agreements;
- Claims for unlawful interference with contractual relations; and
- Claims for wrongful use of confidential information.
Intellectual Property valuation and transactions
We recognise the increasing importance of IP as a company’s asset for potential investment and leveraging business transactions. We provide strategic advice for our clients on how to best extract value from their IP. Our scope of work includes:
- Analysing, reviewing, and researching your portfolio
- Assessing licensing and monetising options
- Drafting and advising on IP transaction documents
- Valuing all assets, encompassing copyrights, IP licence agreements, know-how, patents, trade marks, trade secrets etc.
As a full service law firm, we work to our strengths by drawing from the wealth of expertise of our colleagues from the other areas of specialisation, in order to present a robust IP strategy that meets our clients’ business needs.
Drew & Napier is consistently ranked Tier 1 for Intellectual Property by multiple publications. These publications also regularly name us Singapore Firm of the Year for awards relating to IP.
Intellectual Property: Domestic 2023 – Band 1 for 16 consecutive years
Tony Yeo – Band 1 for 5 consecutive years; Band 2 (2009 to 2018)
Yvonne Tang – Band 3 for 2 consecutive years
Meryl Koh – Band 3 for 2 consecutive years
Morris John (2014 to 2021)
-"Drew & Napier has a strong IP department, and they are well resourced at every level. Their turnaround time and response time is very quick."
- "Each partner is assisted by equally capable associates who are specialised in their field of work. They have left no stone unturned in their research and articulation."
- Drew & Napier's lawyers "are meticulous and their advice is strategic".
- "The firm is responsive to our company's needs and we are happy with the level of service."
-“Large and established IP department in Singapore with in-depth experience in contentious IP matters across patents, designs, trade marks, copyrights, licensing, franchising and confidentiality agreements. Particularly adept at handling passing-off actions.”
-“Deep bench of lawyers with cross-border expertise spanning China, Malaysia and the USA.”
-Sources say the IP practice is a "powerhouse in Singapore with very talented lawyers, who think globally while acting locally".
-"A one-stop shop for legal matters in Singapore and a real powerhouse of a firm in South-East Asia."
-"The strength of the firm is the IP department, which is very efficient and whose turnaround time is fast."
-The team is also praised for being "very attentive to client needs, technically strong and good at project management," and are "very good at ensuring a seamless service", adding that:
"They are really lovely to deal with; very hospitable and well organised. Everything you would expect from a top firm."
-“The team is very responsive, knowledgeable and hard-working. Their grasp of details is impressive.”
International & Cross-Border Capabilities 2022 – Leading firm for 4 consecutive years
Chambers Global says that “The firm has especially well-developed international capabilities in the contentious arena. The team is very active in international arbitration, cross-border investigations, contentious and transactional IP and regulatory work across the South-East Asian region, India and China.”
The Legal 500 Asia Pacific
Intellectual Property 2022 - Tier 1 for 23 consecutive years
Hall of Fame:
Tony Yeo for 3 consecutive years
Tony Yeo for 10 consecutive years (2011-2020)
Yvonne Tang for 5 consecutive years
Lim Siau Wen for 3 consecutive years
Next Generation Lawyer:
Meryl Koh for 6 consecutive years
- “Very professional team. With D&N the key difference is their professionalism and internal confidence in their own abilities.”
- “D&N has always impressed me with their professionalism and efficiency. Unlike other firms, they are always timely, detailed and careful in their handling of my cases. The most important thing that sets them apart from the rest is their perseverance and innovative ideas. Somehow, they always seem to have a solution for everything, even for the most difficult and challenging cases. Their flexibility to accommodate to my tight schedule is also a very big plus point.”
- "The team is effectively bilingual and was able to look through our curriculum and workflow documents in Chinese to identify gaps in IP compliance and security. They were also able to put together a comprehensive handbook which we use to train newcomers to our company.”
- “Strategic and first-class lawyers. One of the best in the IP litigation arena. Possess a depth of knowledge, great commercial sense, and responsive. Consistently delivers reliable, excellent, and practical advice and work. Able to handle highly complex work.”
- ‘" fantastic legal team. They work closely as one unit. Their depth of knowledge, aggressiveness in litigation strategy and business savviness is outstanding."
- Sources say that Drew & Napier LLC's “’very sharp team' provides 'practical business-focused advice' on all types of IP assets”
- Drew & Napier LLC’s “‘tenacious’ team is ‘meticulous and strategic in providing advice, seeing the big picture while drilling down into the finer points’.”
- “Drew & Napier is the best there is when it comes to litigation.”
- “The lawyers at Drew & Napier LLC excel in their ‘knowledge of local legislation’ and litigation.”
- “Tony Yeo and Meryl Koh are sharp and appropriately aggressive lawyers whom you will want on your side. Possessing good commercial sense and great depth of knowledge as subject matter experts, they will be able to value-add by strategising approaches for the best outcomes. First-class lawyers.”
- “Among all the lawyers whom I have worked with, Tony Yeo is the most knowledgeable and experienced lawyer I have met so far. He is very sharp and decisive and always gives me very good advice. His analysis of the cases and anticipation of the reaction from our opponents are always accurate and spot on.”
- Tony Yeo is a “fantastic strategist and a great litigator”.
- “Yvonne Tang is a big name in trade mark opposition proceedings.”
- “Lim Siau Wen is noted for managing trade mark and patent portfolios.”
- “Meryl Koh is meticulous, hard-working, available at all times for anything. Her work ethic is off the charts. She will truly work all hours just to make you reassured. Her work is outstanding. Very detailed and very skilled.”
- “Meryl Koh is a great strategist and is able to align very well with our overall objectives. We are confident that her advice is professional and her approach is to the best of our interest.”
- “Meryl Koh has shown her integrity and delivered professionalism objectively, enabling us to call for the right decision based on her careful thoughts and views. I would definitely recommend her to anyone and/or any firm looking to engage legal counsel and/or legal advisory.”
“Meryl Koh is a prominent IP litigator and highly rated by clients, especially where the Mandarin language is required.”
- Meryl Koh is noted for “her great eye for detail, as well as an ability to see the big picture”.
- “[Cecelia] is flexible in responding to clients’ needs.”
- “Javier Yeo is very smart, quick and efficient. His work rate is simply outstanding. I have received important and urgent emails/WhatsApp messages from him late at night and even on weekends. He is always energetic and full of passion. A very nice and comfortable person to work with.”
Asian Legal Business (ALB) Magazine
Intellectual Property rankings 2022 (Singapore) – Tier 1 in the areas of Patents and Trademarks/Copyrights for 10 consecutive years
ALB South East Asia Law Awards 2019 – won Singapore Intellectual Property Firm of the Year for the second time
Tony Yeo – ALB Asia Top 15 IP Lawyers 2022 (for 2 consecutive years)
World IP Survey 2022: Singapore - Leading IP firm for 23 consecutive years
Singapore Trademark Contentious and Singapore Trademark Prosecution Firm of the Year 2022
Singapore Trade Mark Prosecution and Singapore Patent Contentious Firm of the Year 2020
Singapore Trade Mark Prosecution Firm of the Year 2019
Singapore Prosecution IP Firm of the Year 2018
Singapore Contentious IP Firm of the Year 2013 to 2017
Singapore IP Firm of the Year 2013
Ranked top tiers in the following areas: Patent Contentious; Trade mark Prosecution; Trade mark Contentious
Leading firm in Patent Prosecution and Copyright & related rights
Highly recommended in IP transactions
IP Stars 2022:
Tony Yeo – Trade Mark Star for 9 consecutive years; Patent Star for 9 consecutive years
Yvonne Tang – Trade Mark Star for 4 consecutive years; Top 250 Women in IP 2022 for 3 consecutive years
Lim Siau Wen – Trade Mark Star for 5 consecutive years; Top 250 Women in IP in 2019
Meryl Koh – Rising Star for 2 consecutive years (2021 & 2022)
Ruby Tham - Rising Star
- "The firm thinks globally but act locally. They are a team player in global litigation matters and are a key contributor to global litigation strategies. They lead from the front."
- "On a personal level, apart from providing superior legal services, its IP team is friendly, approachable and responsive."
- "They are experts in the field, very responsive, and easy to work with."
- "They provide solid advice needed by the business."
- "Drew & Napier is very responsive when approached and provides sound legal advice from a commercial perspective whenever necessary. The firm also provided cost-effective prosecution services."
- "I chose Drew & Napier because they are the leader in dealing with IP litigation. They have several IP and general practice lawyers which the firm taps into in complex cases to bring novel legal approaches to suit the client's needs."
- “Definitely, a prominent team for any type of IP work”
- “Tony is responsive, quick thinking and highly practical in his advice.”
- “Tony [Yeo] is charming, knowledgeable, and has a knack of explaining things simply and in the context of the overall strategy. He is an effective litigator and is incisive in cross-examinations."
- “Particularly forceful in IP litigation”
- “They are hard-working, thorough and responsive, and understand well the client’s objectives and resolve disputes effectively and efficiently.”
Intellectual Property 2022 – Tier 1 for 11 consecutive years
Singapore Trade Mark Firm of the Year 2012-2016, 2018, 2020
Singapore Patent Firm of the Year 2017-2019
Patent Prosecution – Tier 1
Patent Contentious – Tier 1
Trade Mark Prosecution – Tier 1
Trade Mark Contentious – Tier 1
Copyright – Tier 1
-“They have solid teams who are dedicated and passionate about what they do and are savvy in providing strategic legal advice.”
- “Drew & Napier is a go-to firm for contentious IP work”
- “Tony Yeo offers creative lawyering and business acumen.”
Asia IP Experts 2022 Endorsed Individuals:
Tony Yeo (2 consecutive years)
Yvonne Tang (2 consecutive years)
Lim Siau Wen
Asia IP Experts 2018 Endorsed Individuals:
Tony Yeo – Patents, Enforcement, Litigation, Pharma & Biotech
Lim Siau Wen – Trade Mark
2016 Endorsed Individuals:
Cecelia Girvin – Patents, Trade Mark, Copyright, Litigation
Morris John – Patents, Trade Mark, Copyright, Litigation
Intellectual Property 2016 to 2023 - Outstanding practice for 8 consecutive years
Intellectual Property 2013 to 2015 - Highly recommended practice
Tony Yeo for 6 consecutive years
- “Drew & Napier continues to provide top-shelf legal service and advice. They always think globally while providing local advice. They focus on the client's objectives and needs, and tailor the advice accordingly. They have a large pool of highly talented attorneys which they can leverage when looking at the best approach in handling contentious IP matters.”
- “They were transparent about costs and were punctual with all our Zoom meetings.”
- “They have expertise of Singapore law in relation to intellectual property. They provided strong support in Singapore litigation for the client who is not familiar with the laws in the country.”
- “Clear explanations, expertise and management skills.”
- “Creative and attentive.”
- “The IP team led by Tony Yeo is always prompt and efficient in its response. It gives clear legal advice and is transparent in its costs estimates.”
- “Meryl and her team were excellent strategists who understood our bottom lines and gave us reliable legal advice accordingly.”
- “The lawyers are meticulous and preemptive in building the litigation case and explain your options clearly to you.”
- “The lawyers are able to advise on different options to approach the dispute and try to settle it in the most appropriate manner.”
- “The firm provides timely and good service as well as practical advice to suit our needs and is able to do so at a reasonable fee.”
- “Very good at thinking outside the box, efficient, frank and clear advice, always has the client's goals in mind to meet the objective.”
- “The quality of work and service is excellent – a notch above most of the other (premium) law firms."
- “Highly competent on the technical aspect of the deal, practical and commercial, not pedantic and responsive.”
- Sources say: “The IP team at Drew & Napier provides very high quality of work…They are timely in their responses and strategic in thinking and very knowledgeable in their specialist fields."
- “Provides reliable services in a cost-efficient manner.”
- “Tony Yeo quickly grasps the highly technical and legal issues presented to him and distils them into something which is easy to understand. He has a great attention to detail and hones in on the chink in the armour to bring the greatest outcome for the client.”
- “Tony Yeo made the way forward very clear.”
- “Tony Yeo is supportive and gives clear explanations.”
- “Tony Yeo is creative and attentive to details.”
- “Tony Yeo is very warm and approachable. Responsible with sound legal advice.”
- “Tony Yeo, as Drew's IP managing partner, has always been warm and approachable with a good business sense and sound legal advice.”
- “Tony Yeo is truly an excellent lawyer. When he understands the issue, he comes up with creative solutions from his depth of knowledge in IP and general law. He is the person to go to when you have a high-value complex IP case. You know you are in safe hands with Tony.”
- Tony Yeo was recommended by his client as someone who has “great depth of knowledge. Very Savvy. Fantastic litigator.”
- “Lim Siau Wen is experienced in intellectual property matters and is responsive. She offers practical advice to our legal questions.”
- Clients praise Lim Siau Wen for her “familiarity with law and procedures, as well as diligence.”
- “Meryl Koh is meticulous and will analyse the pros, cons asnd costs of each option for you so you can make the most informed decision for your company.”
- “Meryl Koh has shown her integrity and delivers professionalism objectively, enabling us to call for the right decision based on her careful thoughts and views.”
- “Meryl Koh is great at listening to your worries and giving you advice in accordance with your company's objectives.”
- “Meryl Koh is very helpful and detailed in analysing the situation to come up with the most suitable solution for the issue. She is able to calm and reassure the client about the situation to reduce the stressful situation.”
- “Javier Yeo is knowledgeable and has expertise in laws regarding intellectual property. Provides strong support in the litigation.”
Who’s Who Legal
Tony Yeo – Global Elite Thought Leader:
Thought Leaders Guide: Life Sciences - Patent Litigation 2022 (2 consecutive years)
Tony Yeo – Global Elite Thought Leader:
Global Guide: Life Sciences - Patent Litigation 2021 (2 consecutive years)
Tony Yeo – Recommended Lawyer:
Global Guide: Life Sciences 2022 (12 consecutive years)
Global Guide: IP - Patents 2022 (9 consecutive years)
Global Guide: IP - Trademarks 2022 (6 consecutive years)
National Guide: Southeast Asia - Life Sciences 2022 (2 consecutive years)
National Guide: Southeast Asia - Patents 2022 (2 consecutive years)
National Guide: Southeast Asia - Trademarks 2022 (2 consecutive years)
Yvonne Tang – Recommended Lawyer:
Global Guide: IP - Trademarks 2022
Meryl Koh – Recommended Lawyer:
Global Guide: IP - Patents 2022 (2 consecutive years)
Global Guide: Life Sciences - Patent Litigation 2022 (2 consecutive years)
National Guide: Southeast Asia - Patents 2022 (2 consecutive years)
National Guide: Southeast Asia - Life Sciences 2022 (2 consecutive years)
Cecelia Girvin – Recommended Lawyer:
Global Guide: IP - Trademarks 2022
Ruby Tham – Recommended Lawyer:
Global Guide: IP - Copyright 2022 (2 consecutive years)
World Trade Mark Review 1000
Enforcement and Litigation 2022 – Gold band for 5 consecutive years; Ranked top tier from 2013 to 2017
Prosecution and Strategy 2022 – Gold band for 10 consecutive years
Top Trade Mark filer in Singapore 2020
2022 Endorsed Individuals:
Tony Yeo – Gold band in Enforcement and Litigation (3 consecutive years); Recommended Lawyer for Enforcement and Litigation (2018 and 2019)
Yvonne Tang – Silver band in Enforcement and Litigation (3 consecutive years); Silver band in Prosecution and Strategy (3 consecutive years); Recommended Lawyer for Transactions (3 consecutive years); Recommended Lawyer for Prosecution and Strategy (2018 and 2019)
Lim Siau Wen – Silver band in Enforcement and Litigation (3 consecutive years); Silver band in Prosecution and Strategy (3 consecutive years); Recommended Lawyer for Transactions 3 consecutive years); Recommended Lawyer for Prosecution and Strategy (2018 and 2019)
Meryl Koh - Bronze band in Enforcement and Litigation (3 consecutive years)
Ruby Tham - Bronze band in Prosecution and Strategy (3 consecutive years); Bronze band in Enforcement and Litigation
2018 endorsed individual:
Ceceila Girvin – Prosecution and Strategy
- “Unanimously hailed not only as a top IP firm in the country but also one of the best that Southeast Asia has to offer, Drew & Napier provides gold-standard guidance across the contentious/non-contentious divide and is unstinting in its dedication to quality. Swift, decisive and commercial describes the firm well.”
-“Drew & Napier’s number is called when there are complex trademark problems to solve; indeed, the ensemble has put in performances with éclat in numerous landmark litigations… the firm maintains a brilliant line up of experts who, collectively, can handle absolutely anything thrown their way.”
- “The balance in the team is amazing – to be so strong at both ends of the trademark scene is exceptional."
- “Tony Yeo is just brilliantly smart and stands out for his industry knowledge and commercial acumen.”
- Tony Yeo is a “first-rate litigator who navigates clients through the minefields of IP management without a hitch”
- Clients commend Tony Yeo’s “efficient delivery” of “well-informed” strategies.
- “Tony Yeo and Meryl Koh are creative in the way they approach matters and dig into the details of cases. In terms of their work product, service and advice, they are way ahead of the pack in Singapore.”
- “Yvonne Tang is someone I have absolute trust in – she gives practical and sensible, yet creative advice that is alive to the nuances of my institutional needs.”
- "Finally, the much-respected Yvonne Tang is an online virtuoso who specialises in recovery claims under the Singapore Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy."
- Yvonne Tang is commended as an “all-rounder” and “invaluable asset” in the squad. “Her advice is always comprehensive, in tune with business goals and objectives and delivered with lightning responsiveness“
- “Lim Siau Wen doesn’t beat around the bush – her guidance is to the point, easy to digest and implement and reflective of an incredible knowledge of trademark law. What is more, she is responsive, quick and efficient and completes her work at a very reasonable cost.”
- Lim Siau Wen “is not only pleasant, but thorough and reliable in her work”. She can be relied on to “provide practical business advice with respect to IP matters”.
- “Well-versed in all aspects of trademark protection, Lim Siau Wen dispenses practicable and commercially sensible advice and always finds ways to add value. She makes everything easier and follows up proactively to ensure you are fully protected.”
- “Also highly recommended is Lim Siau Wen, a versatile operator who strikes a fine balance between minimising cost and maximising results.”
- “Meryl Koh is a perceptive strategist who precisely analyses the risks, costs and benefits of different courses of action. She empowers you to make decisions confidently, knowing that you’re not going to get blindsided by an opposing party. She practises with great moral integrity, her guiding light being her clients’ best interests.”
- Meryl is a “virtuoso in civil and commercial litigation”.
- “With civil and commercial matters her forte, contractual disputes and defamation are also [Meryl’s] strong suit.”
- Praised for being “detailed and methodical”, Meryl Koh can “analyse issues from a strategical and legal perspective and is often able to lend a commercial angle to matters as well”.
- Meryl Koh is a “brilliant lawyer who tailors her service to the requirements of the task at hand.”
- “Ruby Tham has a lot of irons in the fire and meaningfully supports her patrons in many ways; she has been on a fine run of form in oppositions recently.”
- “Ruby Tham is a stalwart in the prosecution practice and a force to be reckoned with in opposition and invalidation proceedings.”
- "Meticulous portfolio manager Cecelia Girvin shores things up on the non-contentious side.
World Trademark Review Global Leaders (2021 Edition)
Tony Yeo – Identified as one of Singapore’s foremost trademark experts for 8 consecutive years
IAM Patent 1000
Litigation 2022 – Gold band for 9 consecutive years
Prosecution 2022 – Silver band for 3 consecutive years; Recommended for 6 consecutive years (2014 - 2019)
Transactions 2022 – Highly Recommended; Recommended for 3 consecutive years (2019 - 2021)
2022 Endorsed Individuals:
Tony Yeo – Gold band for Litigation for 4 consecutive years; Recommended lawyer for 5 consecutive years (2014 - 2018)
Yvonne Tang – Highly Recommended; Silver band for Prosecution in 2020 and 2021 and Recommended in 2019; Recommended for Transactions for 3 consecutive years
Lim Siau Wen – Recommended; Silver band for Prosecution in 2020 and 2021 and Recommended in 2019; Recommended for Transactions for 3 consecutive years
Meryl Koh – Silver band for Litigation for 2 consecutive years; Bronze band in 2020
Cecelia Girvin – Recommended for prosecution (2018)
- “We have not yet found another Singapore firm that is comparable to their services.”
- “Paring a strong patent prosecution practice with a formidable litigation group, the IP practice at Drew & Napier has won the loyalty of an illustrious array of clientele from diverse industries.”
- “They are the best IP lawyers I have ever worked with.”
- “You know they are giving 110% to everything they do for you.”
- “The venerable Drew & Napier LLC pairs a strong patent prosecution practice with a litigation side universally hailed as one of the market’s very best.”
- Sources say that Drew & Napier is a “highly respected litigation practice throughout Southeast Asia”
- “Not only are they the best in their field, these subject matter experts are responsive and commercially savvy.”
- Drew & Napier LLC “remains “one of the best” at what it does. With its “tremendously hardworking” team offering "sensible commercial advice” and applying “great strategic thinking” to every patent matter, it is a one-stop shop that “you can trust, always feeling that your case is in safe hands”.”
- Drew & Napier’s “enviable share of the Singaporean patent prosecution market and its frequent appearances in the courtroom are testament to the trust accorded it by both Singaporean and foreign clients…”
- “On an equal footing with the big global legal brands”, local player Drew & Napier casts a long shadow on Singapore’s patent landscape.
- “Tony is a true master of patent litigation and a much sought-after counsel in the contentious patent space.”
- “Tony has strong industry knowledge, good business acumen and has an excellent winning track record in prominent IP litigation.”
- “Polished litigator Tony Yeo is highly respected in the Singapore legal community.”
- Tony is “a gifted and tenacious litigator”.
- “He has bags of experience and a great instinct, which allows him to know exactly where to direct his efforts in the litigation process to achieve the best results. Added to that, Tony is an extremely hard worker and is dedicated to his clients. He is my number one go-to counsel in Singapore.”
- Managing Director of Intellectual Property Tony Yeo is most at home when resolving intricate patent disputes on behalf of major clients in the healthcare and life sciences arenas. Renowned for his silver-tongued advocacy, Yeo is a master of cross-border and technically advanced patent infringement suits.
- The shining gem in the ensemble is Tony Yeo. “One of the most respected litigators in town”, the star player recently joined other distinguished IP legal experts on the IPOS IP Adjudicators Panel.
- “Tony and Meryl provide sage IP advice on complex IP matters which are part of global litigation strategies. I trust their advice and they always bring fresh ideas and strategies to the table.”
- “I sleep well at night knowing that Tony Yeo and Meryl Koh are at the wheel on Singapore IP matters.”
- “Tony and Meryl are the attorneys to have on speed dial when a complex IP issue arises and you want pragmatic legal advice.”
- “Drawing on her 20-odd years of experience dealing with challenging patent briefs, Yvonne is a boon for those seeking advice on Singaporean IP law.”
- “Yvonne possesses excellent attention to detail and a consistent approach which helps streamline cost-effective patent prosecution.”
- “All-rounder Yvonne Tang and Lim Siau Wen skilfully take on patent prosecution and licensing matters.”
- On the non-contentious front, Yvonne Tang and Siau Wen Lim tend to the global IP portfolios of foreign and local multinationals. As certified IP valuation analysts, they are also the best lawyers to consult about IP commercialisation.
- A certified patent valuation analyst, Yvonne Tang regularly serves up discerning IP strategy guidance to her dedicated roster of clients – while (Lim Siau Wen) is described as a “very responsive” practitioner who “does a great job at a competitive rate”.
- “Household names place their full confidence in the legal and technical know-how of Siau Wen to tackle their IP issues swiftly.”
- “Siau Wen takes on both contentious and non-contentious IP briefs, but on the patent side it is her prosecution transactions work that stands out.”
- “Siau Wen is a great business partner.”
- “Polished litigator Meryl Koh is well received among peers and patrons.”
- “Meryl was delightful to work with. I appreciate her confidence, honesty and strategic expertise. She came across as natural and trustworthy.”
- “In terms of her approach, [Meryl] is thorough, details-oriented, and always well prepared. In terms of her advice and work product, it is crisp, pragmatic and commercial – clearly drawing on her years of experience.”
- Consultant and all-rounder Cecelia Girvin dispenses invaluable, commercially on-point advice to the group’s host of household-name clients.
IAM Global Leaders (2022 Edition)
Tony Yeo – Identified as one of Singapore’s foremost patent experts for 2 consecutive years
IAM Strategy 300: The World's Leading IP Strategists 2022
Tony Yeo – Named as one of the preeminent IP strategists in the world for 2 consecutive years
Benchmark Litigation Asia-Pacific
Intellectual Property 2022 – Tier 1 for 4 consecutive years
Tony Yeo – Litigation Star in Intellectual Property 2022 for 4 consecutive years
Meryl Koh – Future Star in Intellectual Property 2022
Lim Siau Wen – Recommended (2019)
- “Vast experience and practical advice to the client in addition to great knowledge about the law.”
- “Advice from the firm was professional, creative and productive.”
- A client commented, “I appreciate having reminders before all renewals, proceeding and etc. They tackle issues with prompt decisions.”
- Tony has “excellent knowledge and advice, ability to represent the client's interests, considers the practicality of advice and whether it can be implemented with a favourable outcome to the client. Good solutions. Accessible to the client even when busy, responsible. Accepts client feedback.”
- “Tony is responsive, commercially aware and a skilled advocate”
“Meryl Koh is an excellent strategist and is candid at sharing her assessment of how the court will look at the charges and evidence presented.
Empowering us with knowledge gave us much confidence when making decisions.”
“Meryl Koh took effort to understand our case completely, presented us the various strategies we may adopt and explained the pros, cons, probable outcomes and costs of each strategy so that we could make an informed decision.”
Best Lawyers International: Singapore (2023 Edition)
Intellectual Property Law 2023
Morris John – Leading Individual for 15 consecutive years; Lawyer of the Year – 2016 edition
The Straits Times - Singapore’s Best Law Firms 2023
Rated full marks (5 stars) for Intellectual Property Law in the Singapore’s Best Law Firms 2022 survey by Singapore’s largest circulating broadsheet, The Straits Times, and international research company, Statista for 3 consecutive years
The Asian Lawyer
Emerging Markets Awards 2015