Legal 500 ranks Drew & Napier at the top in 7 practice areas, 5 Hall of Fame mentions
13 Jan 2021
The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2021 continues to rank Drew & Napier at the top in both Dispute Resolution and Intellectual Property. Both practices have maintained Tier 1 position for 22 consecutive years. Our Dispute Resolution and International Arbitration practice also have the highest number of recognised lawyers, 10 and 8 respectively.
Drew is ranked in Tier 1 in seven practices, including Restructuring & Insolvency (10 consecutive years), Labour & Employment (6 consecutive years), Antitrust & Competition (5 consecutive years), Private Wealth (5 consecutive years) and Tax which also has the highest number of Leading Individuals.
Cavinder Bull SC, CEO of Drew & Napier is recognised in the Hall of Fame for both Dispute Resolution and International Arbitration. Ong Ken Loon, Head of Tax continues to be the sole lawyer recognised in the Hall of Fame for the Tax practice. Tony Yeo and Lim Chong Kin, Head of IP and TMT respectively, are also recognised in the Hall of Fame for the second consecutive year.
The Legal 500 Hall of Fame highlights lawyers who are at the pinnacle of the profession. These lawyers have received constant praise from their clients for continued excellence, and they have been ranked as a Leading Individual in Legal 500’s ranking guide for at least 8 years consecutively.
Other ranked practices The Legal 500 Asia Pacific acknowledged include Banking & Finance, Capital Markets, Corporate/M&A, Construction, International Arbitration, Investment Funds, Projects & Energy, Real Estate, Telecommunications, Media & Technology, and White-Collar Crime, a new research area that was added this year.
We are proud that seven of our young talented lawyers are recommended as Next Generation Lawyers while 10 of our lawyers debuted in the editorial as Recommended Lawyers.
On the whole, 47 of our lawyers are recommended a total of 69 times, and our firm is ranked in 17 practice areas.
Hall of Fame
Next Generation Lawyers
- Antitrust & Competition: Cavinder Bull SC
- Dispute Resolution: Jimmy Yim SC, Siraj Omar SC, Randolph Khoo, Blossom Hing, Wendell Wong, Rakesh Kirpalani
- Intellectual Property: Yvonne Tang, Lim Siau Wen
- Labour & Employment: Lim Chong Kin, Kelvin Tan, Benjamin Gaw
- Restructuring & Insolvency: Julian Kwek, Blossom Hing, Chan Wei Meng, Mitchell Yeo
- Tax: Yang Shi Yong
- Telecommunications, Media & Technology: David Alfred
- International Arbitration: Randolph Khoo, Siraj Omar SC, Blossom Hing, Christopher Chong, Rakesh Kirpalani
- Capital Markets: Sin Boon Ann, Petrus Huang, Grace Lai, Michael Kwan
- Projects & Energy: Jimmy Yim SC, Ong Sim Ho, Mahesh Rai
- Real Estate: Ho Soo Lih, Lau Sok Hiang, Yeong Wai Cheong
- White-Collar Crime: Wendell Wong, Mahesh Rai
- Banking & Finance: Pauline Chong, Renu Menon
- Corporate/M&A: Steven Lo, Gary Pryke, Jon Nair, Tan Teng Sen, Seraphina Ho
- Construction: Christopher Chong, Mahesh Rai
We are also pleased to share that Drew Network Asia (DNA) pillar firms, Makarim & Taira S. from Indonesia and Shearn Delamore & Co. from Malaysia are ranked highly in The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2021.
Makarim ranked in 10 practice areas with Labour and Employment, and Projects and Energy in Tier 1, and 11 lawyers were acknowledged with 1 partner being recognised in the Hall of Fame and as a Leading Individual.
Shearn ranked Tier 1 in 8 out of 12 practice areas. Twenty-eight of their lawyers were acknowledged with 3 partners recognised in the Hall of Fame and 10 partners ranked as Leading Individuals. Shearn’s Tier 1 practices are: Antitrust & Competition, Banking & Finance, Corporate/M&A, Dispute Resolution, Intellectual Property, Labour & Employment, Real Estate & Construction, and Tax.
About The Legal 500
The Legal 500 is one of the largest-circulating and most reputable legal ranking publications in the world. Their team of researchers conduct thousands of interviews with lawyers and their clients worldwide and analyse editorial submissions to identify the world’s best lawyers and legal practices.