Yvonne actively practices in all aspects of Intellectual Property (IP) work. She has more than 15 years of legal experience in IP matters, and her clients include multinational companies alike.
On contentious matters, Yvonne's key areas include trade marks and copyright infringement, and passing off. She is regularly involved in trade mark opposition proceedings, and has handled criminal raids of counterfeit goods as well domain name recovery claims under the Singapore Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (SDRP).
Yvonne’s legal experience extends to trade mark and patent registration, searches and strategic advisory work as well as corporate IP matters, such as the drafting and review of licensing and franchise agreements relating to IP assets.
Yvonne has lectured on international trade mark law at the National University of Singapore. She also contributed to a number of articles on IP, including Atkin’s Court Forms – Singapore (Issue 15), Copyright, Lexis Nexis.
Yvonne is co-Editor of the Asian Patent Attorneys Association (“APAA”) e-newsletter Group and a member of the Executive Committee of the APAA, Singapore Group. She is also a Certified Patent Valuation Analyst.
Yvonne has handled various matters in court. Here is a sampling of her high profile matters:
3. Hai Tong Co (Pte) Ltd v Ventree Singapore Pte Ltd and another appeal  SGCA 260 – Successfully assisted in representing Hai Tong in the High Court and Court of Appeal in a trade mark infringement / passing-off action against Ventree Singapore Pte Ltd and SKY (sued as a firm), to stop them from infringing Hai Tong’s “Rose Lady” mark by using the mark “Lady Rose” for the same products.
1. adidas International Marketing BV v Lutong Enterprise Corp, HC/TA15/2018 (unreported)
–Successfully represented adidas in an appeal to the High Court, against the opposition decision of the Trade Marks Registry. In this publicised case, not only was adidas successful in blocking the other party’s application of a trade mark that was similar to the adidas “
” mark, the High Court recognised that the adidas mark was a well-known trade mark in Singapore.
2. The Scotch Whisky Association vs Isetan Mitsukoshi Ltd  SGHC 200
– Represented Isetan in the Trade Marks Registry and High Court, in defending trade mark opposition proceedings brought based on geographical indication rights claimed over “Tartan”.
4. Virtual Map (Singapore) Pte Ltd v Singapore Land Authority and Anr  SGCA 2 – Successfully assisted in representing Singapore Land Authority in the High Court and Court of Appeal. In this highly publicised case, Yvonne assisted in defending SLA in Virtual Map’s appeal against judgments that its online maps infringed SLA’s copyright. This matter was one of Asia IP’s Landmarks of the Year: The Cases and Decisions Making Headlines in 2008.
5. Future Enterprises Pte Ltd v McDonald’s Corporation  SGCA 18 – Successfully assisted in defending McDonald’s in an appeal to the Court of Appeal. Future applied to register the “MacCoffee” mark but McDonald’s had an earlier registration for “McCAFE”.
IAM Patent 1000
Prosecution 2019 – Recommended Lawyer
“A certified patent valuation analyst, Tang regularly serves up discerning IP strategy guidance to her dedicated roster of clients”
The Asia Pacific Legal 500
Intellectual Property 2020 – Recommended Lawyer for 3 consecutive years
“Yvonne is commended for her knowledge of patent law”
Managing Intellectual Property
Voted a Trade Mark Star in 2019
Intellectual Property 2018 - Recommended individual
“Yvonne Tang’s “legal knowledge and meticulous approach” (is) prized by clients.”
World Trade Mark Review 1000
Prosecution and Strategy 2019 - Recommended individual for 2 consecutive years
"The much-respected Yvonne Tang is an online virtuoso who specialises in recovery claims under the Singapore Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy."
“Yvonne Tang is always in high demand among the fashion and luxury crowd. She performs with alacrity on a mix of registration, brand management, civil and criminal infringement and opposition matters.”
Singapore Business Review
Singapore’s 40 most influential lawyers aged 40 and under in 2015 – Listed lawyer