Corinne is the Deputy Head of the firm's Competition Law & Regulatory practice.
Corinne’s experience extends to all areas of competition law practice, including assisting clients in the filing of merger notifications to the Competition and Consumer Commission of Singapore (“CCCS”), leniency applications and assisting clients with CCCS investigations.
Corinne has also assisted multi-national and local companies in setting up competition law compliance and audit structures, dawn raid and whistle-blowing programmes and conducting audit checks for companies in a wide range of industries.
Corinne’s corporate experience includes contractual and regulatory advice for listed and unlisted companies in a broad spectrum of industries, including aviation, technology, manufacturing and financial services industries.
With regard to the aviation industry in particular, Corinne has assisted in competition law as well as regulatory and licensing advice, and in contractual matters, pertaining to air services agreements, passenger and cargo airlines operations, travel agencies, global distribution systems, airport services, airport retail services and asset transfers.
Corinne’s experience highlights include assisting clients on:
- Obtaining clearance from the CCCS, for the acquisition of TNT Express N.V. by United Parcel Service, Inc.
- Obtaining clearance from the CCCS, for Seagate Technology PLC’s proposed acquisition of certain assets of the hard disk drive business of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
- The provision of competition law advice to a ball-bearing manufacturer on investigations by the CCCS into companies in the ball and roller bearing supply industry.
- The provision of corporate and regulatory/licensing advice to a leading air services provider.
- The provision of advice to a statutory body on amendments to its Competition Code and Guidelines.
The Asia Pacific Legal 500
Antitrust and Competition 2021 – Leading Individual for 5 consecutive years
'Corinne Chew is the one that holds up the competition practice and leads the team in terms of legal strategies and practical wisdom.'
'fantastic' and 'deserve strong recognition for their client focus'
"excellent legal knowledge and in-depth understanding of the regulator"
Chambers Asia Pacific
Competition/Antitrust 2021 - Band 3 Leading Individual; Up and Coming individual for 3 consecutive years
"she knows her stuff and treats her clients' issues as if they are her own."
"in-depth knowledge on the subject matter; very well equipped and is truly an expert."
“Clients pinpoint her responsiveness, client service and competition law knowledge as [Corinne’s] key strengths.”
Who’s Who Legal
Competition 2020/21 - Future Leader for 3 consecutive years
Recognised as one of Singapore’s foremost competition practitioners under the age of 45
Best Lawyers International: Singapore
Competition/Antitrust Law 2022 – Endorsed individual for 3 consecutive years
asialaw Leading Lawyers
Competition/Antitrust 2022 – Notable Practitioner for 2 consecutive years
Singapore Business Review
Singapore's 20 most influential lawyers aged 40 and under for 2018 - Listed Lawyer