Soo Lih advises companies (both public listed and private, local and international), financial institutions, developers and individuals in transactions which include land tenders, joint ventures, share sale and purchases, real estate investment trusts, collective sales and leases (both commercial and residential). Soo Lih also routinely advises on hotel management, property investment and management contracts.
As a sub-specialty, Soo Lih advises on banking and financing issues related to these transactions (including regulatory and compliance) and has dealt with competent authorities such as the Singapore Exchange (SGX), Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS), Jurong Town Corporation (JTC), Housing Development Board (HDB) and Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA).
Soo Lih ’s transaction highlights include:
1. Acted for a Singapore listed company in its S$480 million sale of commercial and retail units in a shopping cum office complex to a property fund.
2. Advising a Hong Kong fund in the acquisition of a commercial real estate in central business district of Singapore by way of partnership with and contribution by a Singapore listed REIT for a value in excess of S$500 million.
3. Acted for a Singapore listed developer on the mainboard of the Singapore Exchange in its acquisition of the entire issued and paid up capital of a BVI company which owns a commercial building located within the central business district of Singapore for a consideration in excess of S$300 million.
4. Acted for an international aerospace company, a global leader and provider of aerospace maintenance, repair and overhaul services in its assignment of a JTC industrial property at Seletar Aerospace Park to a leading Japanese multi-national corporation involved in a wide range of airport-related businesses, and subsequent leaseback from the Japanese corporation.
5. Acted for the manager of a Singapore listed REIT in its acquisition and leaseback of numerous JTC and HDB industrial properties and sale/dispositions.
6. Acted for a Singapore listed REIT in the asset enhancement of a JTC industrial complex valued in excess of S$12.7 million and extension of lease valued in excess of S$27.3 million.
7. Acted in the acquisition with Islamic financing in excess of S$80 million for the purchase and construction of a JTC industrial property.
8. Acted for Singapore listed developers in negotiations with major hotel operators, such as ACCOR and ASCOTT Group, to manage hotels, service apartments and beach resorts both in Singapore, Maldives and elsewhere.
9. Acted in the lease of hospital beds by a major private healthcare provider in Singapore to a public restructured hospital in a first such collaboration between a private and public hospital in Singapore.