Soo Lih specialises in real estate transactions with specific focus on corporate real estate work.
Soo Lih has also assisted clients as their instructing counsel in their acquisition and disposition of properties in countries like Malaysia, Australia, China and South Korea.
Soo Lih advises companies (both public listed and private, local and international), financial institutions, developers and individuals in transactions which include land tenders, joint ventures, share sale and purchases, real estate investment trusts, collective sales and leases (both commercial and residential). Soo Lih also routinely advises on hotel management, property investment and management contracts.
As a sub-specialty, Soo Lih advises on banking and financing issues related to these transactions (including regulatory and compliance) and has dealt with competent authorities such as the Singapore Exchange (SGX), Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS), Jurong Town Corporation (JTC), Housing Development Board (HDB) and Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA).
Soo Lih is fluent in both English and Chinese.
Soo Lih ’s transaction highlights include:
1. Acted for a SGX mainboard-listed property developer in the divestment of its property holding subsidiary, which owns a freehold prime office building in the central business district of Singapore, for value of S$500 million.
2. Advising a Hong Kong fund in the acquisition of a commercial real estate in central business district of Singapore by way of partnership with and contribution by a Singapore listed REIT for a value in excess of S$500 million.
3. Acted for a Singapore listed company in its S$480 million sale of commercial and retail units in a shopping cum office complex to a property fund.
4. Acted for a Singapore mainboard listed company in its approximately S$80 million investment in a private industrial fund of approximately S$500 million which comprises a portfolio of 14 quality industrial, business park, high-specifications industrial and logistics properties.
5. Acted for a Singapore mainboard listed developer in its acquisition of the entire issued and paid up capital of a BVI company which owns a commercial building located within the central business district of Singapore for a consideration in excess of S$348 million.