Leena has practised primarily in the areas of corporate and financial services, corporate real estate, international business transactions and tax in Singapore.
She headed Drew’s Corporate & Finance Department from 1998 to 1999.
She also has long and in-depth experience in legal matters relating to India having been instrumental in establishing Drew & Napier’s India Desk in 1994, soon after the landmark liberalisation of India’s economy in 1991.
Since 2004, she has been an adjunct Associate Professor at the National University of Singapore (NUS) teaching Indian Business Law. She was an adjunct Professor from 2014 to 2018.
In addition, Leena was appointed an Associate of the Institute of South Asian Studies in 2006. This followed her authorship of a book on the Comprehensive Economic Cooperation Agreement for the business community.
Leena has advised on a number of matters such as:
- Bank and corporate mergers and acquisitions
- Acting for the underwriters in Singapore’s first real estate investment trust, Capita Mall Trust, as well as advising other proposed REITs and business trusts
- Acting for an Indian developer in relation to a proposed joint venture involving $1.2 billion investment in property development in SEZs, townships, hospitality, malls and commercial developments.
- Establishment of private equity and retail funds and confirming compliance with investment mandate before disbursement of funds
- Advice on various cross-border investments