Yanting is a qualified PRC lawyer and a Registered Foreign Lawyer in Singapore. He specialises in corporate finance, corporate and commercial transactions and regulatory compliance in the Greater China, Singapore and the region. His principal areas of practice include foreign direct investments, mergers and acquisitions, financing and initial public offerings, equity and debt issues, joint ventures, and private equity and venture capital investments.
Yanting also has extensive knowledge of the legal and regulatory landscape of blockchain and cryptocurrencies. His clients include several world-leading blockchain and cryptocurrency firms.
Yanting has handled many high profile matters. Here are just a few:
- Acted for Haidilao International Holding Ltd in its US$964 million initial public offering and listing on the Main Board of the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited. The deal won the Editor’s Choice Impact Deal and Cases Awards: Impact Deal / Case of the Year at the 2020 asialaw Awards, and was also nominated by Asian Legal Business as the Equity Market Deal of the Year (premium) in SE Asia Law Awards 2019.
- Acted for Ralec Electronic Corporation, a leading chip resistor and resistor array professional manufacturer listed on Taiwan stock exchange, in its acquisition of SGX-ST listed ASJ Holdings Limited.
- Acted for Jumbo Seafood in its establishment of joint venture enterprises in China (including Shanghai and Beijing) and its franchise arrangements with companies in China.
- Acted for Shandong Shipping Corporation (which is one of the biggest state-owned enterprises in Shandong Province, the PRC) in its establishment of a joint venture enterprise in Singapore as well as the restructuring of the joint venture enterprise.
- Advised various companies on the Payment Services Act 2019 and acted for them in the applications to the Monetary Authority of Singapore for the payment services licences.