Morris is a Consultant in Drew & Napier’s Intellectual Property Department. He joined Drew & Napier in 1983 and became a partner in 1989. He had been a director since Drew & Napier LLC corporatised on 1 May 2001.
He has been consistently ranked in leading legal publications as a top IP lawyer in Singapore.
Morris handles patent registration, as well as all aspects of intellectual property litigation, including patent litigation, trade mark, copyright and design infringement and passing off cases. Morris is also experienced in general and civil litigation and has a niche practice in insurance litigation.
Morris has handled many high profile matters. Here are just a few:
- Successfully represented Sennheiser Electronic GmbH & Co KG in the latter’s anti counterfeiting matters.
- Represented Dor-Ware Resources Pte Ltd who was sued for design infringement and successfully getting the design revoked.
- Represented Pfizer Pte Ltd in a trade mark infringement action against a pharmacist resulting in a two-month conviction against the pharmacist.
- A claim by V-Pile technology (Luxembourg) S.A. in respect of an alleged patent infringement by a local company.
- Representation of Creative Technology Ltd in a copyright infringement action against Aztech Systems Ltd.
Intellectual Property (Litigation) 2019 – Senior Statesman for 6 consecutive years (Recommended for 12 years in total)
Consultant Morris John has 'a vast body of experience advising on patent litigation and trade mark infringements".
“... a seasoned IP practitioner who is highly reputed in patent litigation along with passing-off and trade mark infringement disputes. He also assists with patent registrations.”
“An important member of the IP group. Assists clients with complex IP disputes and patent registration.”
Who’s Who Legal
Recommended lawyer for Trade Marks from 2008 - 2015
Best Lawyers International: Singapore
Intellectual Property 2018 – Endorsed individual for 11 consecutive years
Lawyer of the Year – Intellectual Property 2015/2016
World IP Review
Identified as a leading practitioner in IP in 2017
Asia IP Experts
Leading individual in Patents, Trade Mark, Copyright and Litigation in 2016