Raymond read Law at the National University of Singapore. After completing his studies, Raymond joined Drew & Napier LLC in 2002.
Raymond is now the Chief Executive Officer of DrewCorp Services Pte Ltd and a Director in the Corporate Restructuring & Workouts Practice Group in Drew & Napier.
Raymond leads DrewCorp Services which provides chartered secretaries, corporate administration, immigration, document process, notary public and scrutineer services to corporate and individual clients of Drew & Napier and other businesses operating in and outside Singapore. Raymond acts as Company Secretary to several companies listed on the SGX. He has been appointed as an independent scrutineer for general meetings of companies listed on the SGX.
Raymond has advised on the following notable matters:
Corporate Restructuring & Workouts
- Asia Pulp & Paper Company Ltd and its various subsidiaries in Indonesia and China on restructuring US$16 billion of debt. It was one of the world’s largest restructuring exercises.
- The controlling shareholder-directors of TT International Ltd, a Singapore listed company, on restructuring more than S$503 million of debt. The resulting scheme of arrangement was approved by the Singapore Courts and affirmed by the Singapore Court of Appeal.
- The Continental Chemicals Group on successfully restructuring US$360m of debt through a scheme of arrangement
- Represented an Indonesian company in an SIAC international arbitration against an Asian government in relation to a pulp & paper project worth more than US$4.2 billion
- Represented a Taiwanese company listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange in an international arbitration which concerned issues arising from legal proceedings in Taiwan, Italy, Luxembourg and Singapore