Kelly practices corporate and commercial litigation and arbitration.
Kelly handles a variety of disputes relating to commercial contracts, director/shareholder fights, infrastructure projects, private equity investments, trusts, and enforcement of arbitral awards. She has acted for prominent clients at all levels of the Singapore Courts as well as in domestic and international arbitrations.
Kelly is also actively engaged in advising clients on regulatory matters and investigations. She has advised clients on competition law and anti-money laundering issues. She has also handled matters involving the Competition & Consumer Commission of Singapore and the Commercial Affairs Department, including investigations conducted by these authorities.
Some of the matters in which Kelly has acted include the following:
1. Largest trust case in Singapore with disputed assets worth up to US$800 million – Successfully acted for members of the De La Sala family in a trust dispute involving assets estimated to be worth between US$600 to US$800 million.
2. S$50 million private equity investment dispute – Successfully acted for a leading private equity firm in a complex investment dispute, where the amount in dispute exceeded S$50 million. The dispute involved an international arbitration under the SIAC Rules, a parallel Singapore High Court action and enforcement proceedings.
3. US$600 million investment dispute concerning a coal-based power plant – Acting for foreign entities in a high-value international arbitration concerning a dispute over the creation of a coal-based power generation plant. The value of parties’ claims exceeds US$600 million.
4. Billion dollar injunction proceedings – Acted for directors and shareholders of an oil-drilling company in injunction proceedings concerning the control of entities owning rigs worth in excess of a billion dollars.
5. Multi-million dollar dispute over defects in a luxury property – Obtained a favourable Court of Appeal decision for a high net-worth individual in a high-profile multi-million dollar dispute over defects in a luxury property.