Elizabeth’s key practice areas are corporate/commercial, telecommunications, media & technology and healthcare & life sciences law. She regularly advises private entities as well as ministries and statutory boards on a wide range of contractual, corporate advisory, transactional, employment and regulatory matters.
Elizabeth is frequently called upon to assist on complex contractual, corporate advisory, transactional and regulatory matters.
She is recognised for her ability to break down multi-faceted legal issues. Asia Pacific Legal 500 recommends “fantastic” Elizabeth for her work in Employment Law, and Asia Legal Business has identified her as one of 40 bright legal minds in the region under the age of 40.
Elizabeth is also keenly aware of commercial realities, having completed secondment with a Singapore-based integrated resort and a Fortune 500 financial institution.
Elizabeth has assisted on matters ranging from multi-jurisdictional acquisitions and restructuring projects, to media and technology contracts and cutting edge regulatory advice.
Some of the notable matters Elizabeth has handled include:
Corporate / Commercial
Fintech and Regulatory
- Acted as the Asia-Pacific coordinating counsel for SABIC in a US$11.6 billion worldwide acquisition of GE’s plastics business. She instructed local counsels across Hong Kong, Korea, Australia, Malaysia, Thailand and India, and assisted on all aspects of the deal, including cross-jurisdictional acquisition of related companies, incorporation and restructuring.
- Advised Visa on all Singapore regulatory and transactional matters in relation to its international restructuring, including the reorganization of its Singapore entities.
Employment and Industrial Relations
- Advised a Chinese technology, payments and entertainment giant on licensing and regulatory issues in relation to its proposed innovative payments and e-wallets solutions, with issues ranging from remittance, stored value and payment systems regulations, to telecoms licensing arising from the cutting edge hardware and infrastructure for these innovative solutions.
- Advised an international telecoms giant on its proposed innovative collaboration structures with a multilateral development bank and another telecoms services provider, evaluating the legal risks and regulatory requirements under the Singapore remittance, payment systems and stored value facilities licensing regime.
- Regularly advises clients on employment and industrial relations law, including trade union negotiations and strategies. Clients who sought assistance with trade union negotiations include a global personal care products company, an SGX-listed paper company, and healthcare giants.
- Advised a law firm on allegations of sexual harassment, bullying and discriminatory treatment against one of its senior partners.
Asia Pacific Legal 500
Employment 2019 – Recommended lawyer for 3 consecutive years
TMT 2015 - Recommended Lawyer
Identified by Asian Legal Business as one of 40 bright legal minds in the region under the age of 40 – “40 Under 40 list” (October 2017 issue)
Spotlighted as a leader in Prestige’s “40 under 40 2018 - The Vanguards” (August 2018 issue)