Elizabeth’s key practice areas are corporate/commercial, telecommunications, media & technology and healthcare & life sciences law. She regularly advises private entities as well as ministries and statutory boards on a wide range of contractual, corporate advisory, transactional, employment and regulatory matters.
She graduated from the National University of Singapore, where she represented the university in the international Manfred Lachs Space Law Moot Court Competition and was awarded the DUO-Singapore Exchange Fellowship.
Some highlights of Elizabeth’s experience include:
- Asia-Pacific coordinating counsel for SABIC in its US$11.6 billion worldwide acquisition of the plastics business of General Electric. Instructed local counsels across Hong Kong, Korea, Australia, Malaysia, Thailand and India, and assisted on all aspects of the deal, including cross-jurisdictional acquisition of related companies, incorporation and restructuring
- Advised the Singapore subsidiaries of a leading specialty chemicals company on all Singapore law aspects of its integration with an international catalysts manufacturer following a €1.4 billion worldwide acquisition, and retained to advise on Singapore law aspects of the subsequent worldwide divestment of business units.
- Advised one of the world’s most-visited web portals on its licensing agreement with the Composers and Authors Society of Singapore (COMPASS) to allow it to broadcast a wide range of content in various formats through its video streaming portal
- Advised the Info-communications Development Authority of Singapore on regulatory and implementation issues concerning Singapore’s Next Generation Nationwide Broadband Network fibre-to-home project and corporate and regulatory issues in respect of Singapore’s neutral Internet exchange.
- Advised Singapore’s Ministry of Trade and Industry in its assessment of an appeal from industry players in relation to the Energy Market Authority’s decision on the vesting relief scheme.
Asia Pacific Legal 500
Employment 2019 – Recommended lawyer for 3 consecutive years
TMT 2015 - Recommended Lawyer
Identified by Asian Legal Business as one of 40 bright legal minds in the region under the age of 40 – “40 Under 40 list” (October 2017 issue)